Saturday 21 June 2008

Alcazar - Inhibitions

Sweden's Alcazar are one of my all-time favourite groups. I have been a fan ever since I heard "Crying At The Discoteque" (seeing Andreas in the silver hotpants in the video helped too!!). Over the years, they have made some of the best disco music to dance to and this new single from them is no exception.


When Alcazar decided to take some time out a few years ago I just assumed that they were going to do an "ABBA" by not officially saying they were splitting up permanently but just disappear and never come back. I was pleasantly surprised last year when they came back for a one-off gig at London's G-A-Y nightclub replacing Annikafiore with a new member, Lina. Naturally I went to see them perform and they were as amazing as they always had been - I was even really impressed with Lina as the replacement. Though they wouldn't confirm at G-A-Y that they were getting back together, I hoped they would and I was proven right this year when the all new Alcazar released the fantastic, "We Keep On Rockin". I even met Andreas and Lina by chance when I was in Sweden in February who told me that they were working on new material for an album. Alcazar's follow-up to "We Keep On Rockin" is part of that new material and it is excellent. "Inhibitions" is a slightly different sound for Alcazar and is not as disco orientated as some of their other material, for me it is quite Britney sounding but still very much Alcazar. I am sure that it is going to follow the success of "We Keep On Rockin".

No comments: